Sunday, May 9, 2010

Fro Yo with Rhubarb Compote and Toasted Almonds

So DC, being approximately 2-3 years behind New York and L.A. in all things cool/hip/trendy, has recently had a proliferation of tart fro-yo joints, a la Pinkberry (OMG, the song on this website is heinously bad!). I'm not complaining about the fro-yo, because I love it, but I am complaining that I had to read about how awesome Pinkberry and its brethren are for months and months before any of it hit DC.Anywho, the stuff is addictive like a mofo. Fro-yo like a mo-fo. But not cheap. However, lucky for me (and you), it's super easy to make at home. It's basically Greek yogurt (or regular yogurt, strained to thicken it up), mixed with some sugar, and thrown into the ice cream machine. This recipe is great, although I might ease up on the sugar a bit to ensure the final product is super tart.

Topped it with a simple rhubarb compote and some toasted almonds.