Sunday, September 23, 2012

Summer Play Outfit

Another pattern from the Real Martha's vintage stash (although this is one of the more modern patterns in the bunch)...  super cute shorts and cross-back top for Zoe for next summer:


I really like the cross-over back on the top... kinda hard to see in my photo, but I know Zoe will rock it:


The fabric is some gorgeous Amy Butler fabric that Jenny sent me (thanks, Jenny!!): Daisy Chain Deco Rose Navy.  The pattern is Butterick B3832, view B and was pretty straightforward, with the exception of the shoulders on the top.  It's a fully lined top, and the last place that the lining and front come together is the shoulders... I struggled with that area and mine are a little strange looking as a result, but you have to look pretty close to notice. 

Lincoln didn't notice the shoulders:


He did appreciate the top's easy-on, easy-off/no closures look. 
 Particularly the easy-off aspect of it: