Friday, October 5, 2012

Knit Raglan Pullover

I knitted this cute little raglan sweater for Zoe while flying from Jakarta to Bangkok, Bangkok to Vientiane, Vientiane to Bangkok, Bangkok to Jakarta.  Knitting is so portable and fills the travel time really well. 
 

I used this basic pattern from Sun Rise Sister, but made my own modifications:

- 8 rows of garter stitch on the neck before getting into the raglan increases
- 8 stitches in garter stitch centered in the front of the sweater to make the vertical textured stripe
- 8 rows of garter stitch around each arm and the bottom hem


I think that this sweater would work with a cool cable down the front, too, but I am not quite there yet. Maybe my next sweater!


Made in Lily Sugar n' Cream cotton yarn in "Chrysanthemums" color. I used just slightly less than 4 balls of yarn and used the remainder to make a little matching headband based on this pattern.