Thursday, January 30, 2014

Colleen's New Wardrobe

After traveling around the world with clothing options limited to what could fit into a backpack, Colleen was looking forward to getting some new duds upon returning to the U.S.  When in town for Christmas and New Years, she perused my fabric stash in search of some fabrics with which I could make her a couple new tops: 



Another Sis Boom Meghan Peasant in a pretty, modern batik that I bought it Jakarta... the print kinda looks like seaweed or kelp or something, no?


Another By Hand London Polly tank in a sea creature-themed fabric I bought online (Jay-Cyn Designs "Bubble Life" from Fabricworm, precisely).  I paired it with some blue/green/grey (sea-colored?) quilting cotton from a local Bangkok shop.  Don't be surprised if I end up with a matching top, Colleen.

Do you sense a theme?  Maybe it's all the diving Colleen and Steve have been doing. Under-the-sea seems to draw her in: