Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Izzy Top and Fancy Pants Leggings


After seeing Needle and Ted's adorable version of Climbing the Willow's free Izzy top pattern on Kollabora, I printed it out and made it immediately for Anna... so simple and quick to make, but so cute. It's not dissimilar from the Maggie Mae top with the curved bodice seams, but it's got some little differences, like the cute button tab and lack of waist. 


I used some thick-ish Japanese cotton I got off the remnants table at a local fabric store, lined with some thin, soft check fabric from Martha's stash (also used to line my twin Lucy tunics).  


After making the top, I decided it necessitated bottoms. 


I had an old t-shirt that was too stretched out for me to wear anymore, but it matched my Izzy top perfectly... combined with the Titchy Threads Fancy Pants Leggings pattern (in my stash thanks to the Sew Fab pattern bundle, which had already paid for itself, seriously): an outfit is born.

I hope the up-cycled leggings work... not sure my t-shirt material was sufficiently stretchy or recovery-y (you know what I mean... right?).  Also, I definitely cute and sewed one of the legs inside out.  Anna won't notice, though, I hope?